Saturday, August 29, 2015

Kiwi West

Sometimes my ideas fall a bit short, but I will not let my imagination be hindered by failures. This one I call Kiwi West was a cheap way to brew a beer with Kiwi without using actual kiwi. Yeah I have made this kind of mistake before but the failure though was not I believe using kiwi strawberry flavoring but also using kool-aide strawberry kiwi mix. Yeah I know - what were you thinking Ben!! Well the resulting beer came out super sweet. It would probably be good mixed with lemonade or something like that aka Shandy but by itself not so much.
Anyways here is the receipe -

Kiwi West

Style: American IPA
Type: All GrainCalories: 183.37
Rating: 0.0Boil Size: 7.00 Gals
IBU's: 74.11Batch Size: 5.25 Gals
Color:    4.5 SRM  Boil Time: 75 minutes
Preboil OG: 1.042

EstimatedActual
Brew Date:-05/31/2015
OG:1.0561.053
FG:1.0141.010
ABV:5.51 %5.58 %
Efficiency:70.00 %65.63 %
Carbs:139
Serve Date:06/24/2015-
Grains & Adjuncts
AmountPercentageNameTimeGravity
6.25 lbs54.35 %Pilsner (2 Row) Bel60 mins1.036
4.00 lbs34.78 %White Wheat Malt60 mins1.040
1.00 lbs8.70 %Acid Malt60 mins1.027
4.00 ozs2.17 %Briess Rye Malt60 mins1.035
Hops
AmountIBU'sNameTimeAA %
1.00 ozs31.10Amarillo Gold60 mins8.80
0.50 ozs14.28Amarillo Gold45 mins8.80
0.50 ozs11.95Amarillo Gold30 mins8.80
1.00 ozs15.44Amarillo Gold15 mins8.80
1.00 ozs1.34Amarillo Gold1 mins8.80
Yeasts
AmountNameLaboratory / ID
1 act pkgsBerliner-Weisse BlendWyeast Labs 3191
Additions
AmountNameTimeStage
19.00 ozStrawberry Kiwi - kool-aid powder 5 minsBoil
2.00 ozKiwi/Strawberry dasani 60 minsBottling
Mash Profile
(none)
Water Profile
(none)

Fermentation Steps
NameDays / TempEstimatedActual
Primary7 days @ 68.0°F05/31/201505/31/2015
Secondary2 days @ 71.0°F06/07/201506/07/2015
Bottle/Keg14 days @ 72.0°F06/09/201506/10/2015
Carbonation
Bottle Carbonation
Desired Vol of CO2:1.90 Vols
Beer Temperature:71.00 °F
Residual CO2 in Beer:0.82
Corn Sugar Required:2.90 ozs
Notes
(none)

No comments:

Post a Comment