Saturday, April 2, 2016

Cranky Pants - Old Ale

Been too long but don't worry I am still brewing, this beer I brewed back in January. I wanted to make something that was a little different - shocker right?! So my boys were being cranky one day and I came up with the name and thought an old ale would be good. But what would make it cranky?!  How about some cranberry juice in the secondary with a zest from one orange. Boom it came out tart but not crazy. I think this beer will age nicely!!

Cranky Pants 

Style: Old Ale
Type: All GrainCalories: 318.99
Rating: 0.0Boil Size: 5.00 Gals
IBU's: 36.66Batch Size: 5.00 Gals
Color:   23.8 SRM  Boil Time: 75 minutes
Preboil OG: 1.097

EstimatedActual
Brew Date:-01/16/2016
OG:1.0971.096
FG:1.0291.015
ABV:8.88 %10.67 %
Efficiency:75.00 %74.68 %
Carbs:2614
Serve Date:02/26/2016-
Grains & Adjuncts
AmountPercentageNameTimeGravity
15.00 lbs81.63 %Bairds Maris Otter60 mins1.035
6.00 ozs2.04 %Black (Patent) Malt60 mins1.025
2.50 lbs13.61 %Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L60 mins1.035
8.00 ozs2.72 %Candi Sugar, Clear60 mins1.036
Hops
AmountIBU'sNameTimeAA %
0.60 ozs22.18Columbus 75 mins15.60
2.00 ozs14.48Amarillo10 mins8.80
Yeasts
AmountNameLaboratory / ID
1 act pkgsWhitbread AleWyeast Labs 1099
Additions
(none)
Mash Profile
(none)
Water Profile
(none)

Fermentation Steps
NameDays / TempEstimatedActual
Primary7 days @ 66.0°F01/16/201601/16/2016
Secondary14 days @ 66.0°F01/23/201601/29/2016
Bottle/Keg14 days @ 66.0°F02/12/2016-
Carbonation
Bottle Carbonation
Desired Vol of CO2:2.00 Vols
Beer Temperature:66.00 °F
Residual CO2 in Beer:0.89
Corn Sugar Required:2.92 ozs



No comments:

Post a Comment